Clippings is the fastest growing platform for interior design, offering a new way to source products and manage interior projects from inspiration to installation. We're using technology to develop smarter streamlined processes that reduce the time, friction and cost required to create exceptional spaces decorated with products from the leading furniture brands. Clippings was founded in 2014 by Adel Zakout and Tom Mallory. In 2018 we raised $15.4m in a series B round of funding backed by Advance Venture Partners and C4 Ventures.
We're looking for a Technical Lead to join our world class team, help us develop our platform to the next level and together shape the future of the furniture industry!
The main purpose of the position is to exert technical leadership in design, planning and delivery of key projects in their domain. The Technical Lead oversees a team focused on technical issues, including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own the technical aspect of their subdomain
- Your work will include full-stack web development
- Provide technical mentorship around their skills and expertise to colleagues where needed
- You will deliver functionality to fulfil the company vision and objectives
- You will maintain and refactor the codebase for better flexibility and scalability
- Collaborate on defining and ensuring consistency on team and company engineering standards
- Lead the technical design in their domain
- Actively ensure technical innovation in their domain
- Align technical approaches and dependencies with other teams and work with them on touch points
- You will participate in the whole agile product development.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience as a developer with web-related technologies
- Experience with PHP OOP with Symfony framework & components
- Experience with SOLID design principles
- Experience with React.js or similar front-end frameworks
- Ability to design and develop readable and maintainable code
- Influence and negotiate across product managers, teams and peers
- Effective use of listening and clear communication styles
- Ability to inspire others
- Facilitate and displays collaboration and inclusion
- Initiative for improving processes, codebase and implementing new techniques
- Very good English - speaking and writing
What we're offering:
- Join a world-class tech team and play a key role in a fast-growing Industry disruptor
- Amazing colleagues and family like organisation culture
- Monthly Innovation Day
- Soft skills trainings
- Opportunity to develop your skills and learn new technologies
- Competitive salary, exceptional transparency and freedom
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity for remote work
- Supplemental health and dental care insurance
- Top equipment: Apple MacBook Pro, Herman Miller chair, Steelcase Height Adjustable desk
- 25 vacation days
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.